Saturday, August 18, 2012

Friday night sewing results


Last night Cathy and I had so much fun sewing in my new room. We got our pre cuts ready to sew then Cathy wanted to make our first Union Jack block so we did that first. They were such fun to make. We are going to make a quilt each but work on our blocks  together. I'm really looking foreward to it.
 This one is mine, I used my American Jane fabrics.
 This one is Cathy, she is using French General.
 Here she is with her finished block, isn't it gorgeous.
 Here is me holding up mine, This is going to be a beautiful project to work on, the blocks go together quite easy once you get the hang of it. I cut a few strips wrong but got there in the end.
 I did make my pin wheels from my charm packs, I made heaps of half square triangles then just before we decided to pack up for the night I made a few blocks. They look really pretty.
 Today I was up at 6am. I couldn't sleep so I snuck into my sewing room and you know what I liked best.... everything was set up waiting for me. No setting up in the kitchen like I used to do. By 8.30 I had part of this quilt put together. Its strawberry fields fabric by Fig tree. Then I was hungry so it was time for breaky and a shower, a quick tidy up of the house, took the boys for a hair cut then just before lunch I was sewing again.
By 3pm I had this much of the quilt done. Just 2 more borders then its done. How easy was that.
Now I'm tired and its time to cook tea but thats Ok, I have had a great day in my new sewing room.
I'll be back tomorrow to show you the room and all my decorating. I hope you like it all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow great work Leanne ,i love your new quilt,gorgeous fabrics.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

you should have been cooking something in the crock pot for dinner.........so does your new sewing space have a name......
we have been putting some storage cupboards in the "chook shed" today......then some champs with friends........

Cath said...

Great work girls.....those union jacks look fabulous!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Elizabeth said...

Sewing projects are looking great. I agree with Chookyblue, you should've had a crock pot meal. I think Crock pots are the greatest. We are having dinner guests tomorrow and the crock pot will be used - makes it more relaxing.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very productive at your place Leanne...have fun...enjoy that sewing space..

Vicki said...

The flags are great and how much sewing have you done! And what's more, yest that was all set up ready to go, but so was the kitchen, cos you hadn't messed up in there!! Well done!

Sarah said...

Thos UJ blocks look great! A good project to sew together! Love that Dilly Dally pattern too...
Going great guns with that Strawberry Fields quilt in just one day!
x Sarah

Sisbabestitches said...

How much fun to be able to just get straight on with things now you are in your gorgeous new room! And oh my have you got on with things, what progress on your quilt in only one day!

Wendy said...

How lovely to have a sewing buddy and to have everything all set up for your sewing. Your projects look beautiful as usual.

Quilt Kitty said...

So many pretties in one post Leanne. The pics of you & Cathy with your blocks are great. The Union Jack woud be much prettier in Franch General fabrics too. The Marmalade charm pack looks gorgeous. What a productive day in your sewing room & no longer having to put things away. So happy for you! Tracee xx

Anthea said...

Leanne you've done some beautiful work in your new room, well done, it all looks so gorgeous, I love the Tilda fabric in that gorgeous vase & the sewing table is fantastic!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...