Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday night sewing

 Tonight my best sewing friend Cathy is coming over for a sewing night in my new sewing room, yay!!!!!
 We joined Sarah's pre cut sewing session tonight. I have my 2 charm packs of Marmalade cut and ready to sew. I had a layer cake so I cut that up to make the pattern above.
 My sewing room is just about ready, I just need to do a few minor things like finish painting the skirting board on one wall and paint my desk. I have moved everything in and I will share photos over the weekend. The first thing I sewed in my new room was my new curtains, they were too long so I had to take them up.
 I found the perfect beige colour for my curtains, then I needed a new ironing board and as luck would have it, K Mart had it in a colour the same as my curtains so I had to get that. Paul bought me a new mat and of course it matches the curtains as well.  I can hear you all laughing right now.
I have had so much fun buying furniture for my sewing room, you should see my sewing table, its 100 years old and beautiful, I will show you a photo of that to very soon. Today Paul surprised me with this beautiful old chair. He said I needed an "old" chair to sit at my "old" table. I love it and him for thinking of me like that. Thanks honey.
Right Cathy will be here soon and we are going to sew up a  storm. I'll be back over the weekend with lots to show you including my decorating of my room.
I hope I'm not boring you all with all this sewing room talk.

12 comments:

De said...

Love that chair!

Jo in TAS said...

Have fun girls!

Jo in TAS said...

Have fun girls!

Anonymous said...

not at all Leanne i am enjoying seeing the progress of your new sewing room,have fun tonight.xx

Quilt Kitty said...

You & Cathy have a wonderful time. What a chair - what a great husband! That quilt looks like it will be very pretty, can't wait to see more of the layer cake prints & your sewing room post later. Tracee xx

Kathy said...

Not boring at all - so much fun sharing your excitement as we see the unveiling of your lovely new sewing room :)

Simone Harding said...

How exciting. Love the new chair and the look of the new room.

Elizabeth said...

That chair is absolutely gorgeous. What a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

That chair is absolutely gorgeous. What a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Hi Leanne oh I can not wait to see the end result. :) x

Mari said...

Lovely room! Handy husband who is really toughfull also. Bet your family won't see much about you on next couple of months, you will be only at your own sewingden :)

Sarah said...

We all love to hear about your sewing room progress Leanne! How nice about your hubby getting you stuff. Now is he being a wonderful, supportive husband OR is he trying to get rid of you LOL

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...