Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year & New Projects

 Happy New Year to you all, I hope you have had a wonderful start to 2015. I certainly have. I have had a week off work and I have absolutely loved every minute. Most of it has been spent in my sewing room. Lucky for me that I'm the only one on holidays, hubby and 2 of our boys have had to work so when  I haven't  been taking them  to Coles and McDonalds I have been sewing. First finish  or should I say last finish for 2014 was this pouch I made up last week, No pattern used, just my imagination and my favourite fabrics. I was thrilled how it turned out.
 Using the green and dark blues from Bonnie and Camille's fabric ranges worked so well. Above is the front.
 This is the back. Now even though I loved making this pouch in these colours I have enjoyed working with the  prettier colours pictured below even more.
 This is going to be the outside of my new sewing bag, The pattern is from Craftsy and its called Bionic Gear bag, If you do a google search your bound to come across it. Its very similar to the Sew together just a bot bigger and an extra inside pocket. I have loved making it.
 This project has been dragged out of the cupboard again, I started this in 2010, how embarrassing I have only finished 1 1/2 blocks, So to spur me on I spent a few days sewing the blocks together and getting them ready for the stitching part. I thought I could spend a few nights a week working on one block at a time then by the end of the year I hope it might be finished.
 I just need to make sure I stick with it.
 I was very lucky and received some beautiful christmas gifts from my very talented friends. My stitching buddy Cathy made me this gorgeous wall hanging. From Tilda fabrics, oh its so pretty.

 My friend Stephany who lives in Belgium made me this beautiful notebook cover, its made from felt. Steph also included some tilda goodies and Greengate tags, they are beautiful. Thanks Steph. I love them all.

Tracee from Quiltkitty loves life crocheted me this adorable cushion, so much work has gone into it. I love it, thanks Tracee. It looks lovely on my bed.


I've got 3 days left of holidays so I plan to make the most of them, I'm off to tidy my sewing room so I can start making a new mess.
Have a great day and I hope you find some sewing time.

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your pouch. I have the bionic gear bag on my "to do list". Love the gifts you received. Hugs,xx

barb's creations said...

Lovely pouch, great use of small pieces that otherwise might get chucked out. Love the Tilda mini and all your other equally gorgeous projects, hope you get lots more done before you have to return to work :) Barb.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

lovely gifts. great pouch.Hope you enjoy your day.

Christine B said...

Happy New Year Leanne! Hope you have a year full of stitching!! Looks like you have made a great start! :) xx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Happy New Year too Leanne.
Wonderful little pouch there and love the colors are so neat, blue and green.
Very beautiful parcels you received. Great "cupboard" project there. Pretty embroidery block you have there. I have just purchased a new book with small projects that incorporate embroidery.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Blessings to you and your family.

sunny said...

Wow - I love that little blue stitchery! Any idea who the designer is? Your pouch is great, well it's all just great! Lucky you for getting some /home alone' time.

Melanie said...

Happy New Year Leanne. Love the pouches. Xxxx

a good yarn said...

Love that pouch! I really have to make some of them. Nice to see that BOM again. You put a lot of work into that. Your quilty friends sure know how to spoil you!

Maria said...

Lovely pouch there...very pretty fabrics. Some gorgeous gifts you got there too. Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Melody said...

wonderful presents and I love how you pulled out the blues and greens, they look fabulous together. Have a wonderful 2015

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...