Sunday, January 18, 2015

The week that was..

 Its been a funny old week, I worked Monday and Tuesday then I had the rest of the week off, Oh I had big plans to do lots of things , first on the list was to keep quilting this old project, only 4 blocks to go then a few baskets to be hand quilted. Nearly there and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying this project again.
Second thing to do was to  make Plum Jam, Our tree is full of luscious plums, we have given so many away and still we had heaps. So after searching the net for a few recipes I found one.
 The smell while these plums were cooking was amazing, Lovely  aromas swirling around the house. While the jam was boiling away I made choc chip cookies, sorry no photo, by the time I thought about it there were 2 left so hardly worth the effort, I take that a good thing though. My boys do like cookies.

 Decorating the jars was almost as much fun as making the jam.  I haven't tasted the jam yet but son number 2 assures me its pretty good.
 Thursday I had a sewing day planned but 2 of my boys got gastro, so I spent most of Thursday and Friday washing bed linen and disinfecting everything in our house.  They were so miserable. 48 hours later all is well and back to normal.


Now its Sunday and my days off are almost over, back to regular routine tomorrow. I have got some sewing planned just for me this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear your boys were poorly and glad they're all better now. I love your little baskets , it's so nice to get an old project out and finish it. That jam looks delicious! My stock is running low so looks like I'll be jamming soon. Xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The jam looks great ... The baskets look fantastic...good to hear you are all getting better

Susan said...

Hi Leanne I'm just eating my breakfast reading your blog thinking mmm that Plum jam would be perfect on my toat right now x:)

Christine B said...

Hi Leanne! Glad you are all getting back to normal! Love your basket block and the flowers gladioli(?) are beautiful too! Have a better week!! :) x

Anthea said...

glad the boys recovered quickly - golly those bugs do spread so easily despite best efforts!

Oh yum, stop making my mouth water with the jam, Leanne!!

Stephany said...

Your basket quilt looks beautiful Leanne. Have a nice week!

sunny said...

Not one, but two basket projects! I love all things basket. Your plum jam sounds wonderful. I'm glad the boys are feeling better and are able to enjoy it and the cookies!

Susan said...

Apart from the gastro sounds like you had a good few days off. Hope you had a lovely afternoon stitching.

Cathy said...

There is nothing better than plums off a backyard tree! Hope you enjoyed your afternoon sewing!!

Jeanette said...

The plum jam looks fabulous. Gorgeous gladioli's. Beautiful quilt. Hugs,xx

Lynda said...

It's hard to make plans when there are kids in the house - gastro is no fun. Otherwise you've had a great week. Your garden is so lovely.

a good yarn said...

That gastro bug isn't any fun at all! Glad the boys are on the mend. Your gladdies are gorgeous. Pretty basket quilt and block. It's nice to finish up old projects - not that I would know. Ha! Ha! I love plum jam, especially homemade and sour cherry is delicious too.

Shahbaz Ahmad hafi said...

Well, I agree with what you wrote, but not with all of it. Regardless, its all good material. Thanks!Daily Live TV

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...