Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tilda

 Back to work tomorrow, I have had a great break, I did so much sewing and I even found time to finish a few projects and got some new ones started. Today I was working on my newest design for Homespun magazine later in the year but I can't show any photos yet sorry. Anyway while I was sewing with my much beloved Tilda fabrics ( Opps I've given you a hint ) I was looking around my sewing room and I realised how many tilda things I have actually made over the years.
 What first got me interested in Tilda was a book that had a Tilda doll in it, I thought they were adorable so I made one. Well that lead to one more and now I have 7 tilda dolls.
 I designed a table runner for Patchwork and stitching magazine and of course its made from tilda fabrics, this was lovely to make. Its so pretty.
 Then I made some pouches to hold my sewing goodies.A big one and a little one for my binding clips.
 I made a cute little draw string bag. These are so much fun to make and don't take that long.
 I couldn't part with my scraps so I made some lavender bag tags, They smell divine.
 While I was looking on Instagram yesterday a few of my dear friends had made Lori Holts cup quilt, I thought this would look so pretty in my newest tilda fabrics so I finally cut into them and made this mini cup quilt. I'm so happy with it.


 Last year I made a tilda quilt, its a great pattern by Clare's Place and has large blocks that showcase pretty fabrics, Today I made the binding for it and actually sewed it to the quilt, When the weather is cooler I can hand sew down the other side.
So I do have quite a collection of tilda fabrics and dolls,

My other love is Bonnie and Camille fabrics, but thats another post entirely,

Have a wonderful week and thankyou for stopping by.

13 comments:

a good yarn said...

You are definitely a Tilda fan but then it's easy when the fabrics/patterns are so delightful.

barb's creations said...

Love everything you've been making, it certainly inspires e to get into my fabric and create something :) Barb.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

thanks for lots of lovely Tilda Eye Candy. love your dolls.
I am yet to make one.

Josie said...

Have you considered changing your name to Tilda? Or maybe having a little girl so you could name her after your stitching heroine? Just kidding.... it's hard not to be in love with everything Tilda . Her latest book is fab-u-lous. Love all your projects and your ability to get things done! Keep it up. Have a wonderful productive 2015... be happy...xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are amazing ..:.

Patchwork and Play said...

I have had a long distance love affair with Tilda for a time too, but I am not sure whether I have ever made anything from my books! Your dolls are lovely though! Time to look through the books again!

Christine Barnsley said...

Hi Leanne! What beautiful Tilda projects!! Love them all.... I have never made any Tilda dolls but I love seeing the ones other people have made... you know I love her fabrics too!! :) xx

sunny said...

Such beautiful fabrics. I love the cup hanging! And don't forget that you've made a Tilda doll for at least one friend!!

Jan said...

Such lovely projects, Leanne - and you pick the prettiest fabrics. Wishing you all the best for a great year of fun and fabulous fabrics!

Stephany said...

So many Tilda-things in one blogpost
Leanne, I love it!
I just bought her latest book.

Greetings from a belgian Tilda fan!!!
Steph

Anthea said...

Hi Leanne! Happy New Year! it was great that you got some lovely sewing done in your time off work - all that Tilda has reminded me that I have something new to share with you in a month or two - have a wonderful year ahead & I look forward to keeping in touch with you... xx

Unknown said...

Hi I love your Tilda makes. Which Patchwork and stitching magazine is the tablerunner in? I would love to make it. Thanks Bev

Cathy said...

Wow a great post and you have made a lot of Tilda things! You Cute cups are very pretty!!! 💗💜

A few of my favourite things.....

 This past week I have been cutting, cutting cutting. That's after I got my little wall hanging mini quilt hung in my sewing room. I h...