Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tilda

 Back to work tomorrow, I have had a great break, I did so much sewing and I even found time to finish a few projects and got some new ones started. Today I was working on my newest design for Homespun magazine later in the year but I can't show any photos yet sorry. Anyway while I was sewing with my much beloved Tilda fabrics ( Opps I've given you a hint ) I was looking around my sewing room and I realised how many tilda things I have actually made over the years.
 What first got me interested in Tilda was a book that had a Tilda doll in it, I thought they were adorable so I made one. Well that lead to one more and now I have 7 tilda dolls.
 I designed a table runner for Patchwork and stitching magazine and of course its made from tilda fabrics, this was lovely to make. Its so pretty.
 Then I made some pouches to hold my sewing goodies.A big one and a little one for my binding clips.
 I made a cute little draw string bag. These are so much fun to make and don't take that long.
 I couldn't part with my scraps so I made some lavender bag tags, They smell divine.
 While I was looking on Instagram yesterday a few of my dear friends had made Lori Holts cup quilt, I thought this would look so pretty in my newest tilda fabrics so I finally cut into them and made this mini cup quilt. I'm so happy with it.


 Last year I made a tilda quilt, its a great pattern by Clare's Place and has large blocks that showcase pretty fabrics, Today I made the binding for it and actually sewed it to the quilt, When the weather is cooler I can hand sew down the other side.
So I do have quite a collection of tilda fabrics and dolls,

My other love is Bonnie and Camille fabrics, but thats another post entirely,

Have a wonderful week and thankyou for stopping by.

13 comments:

a good yarn said...

You are definitely a Tilda fan but then it's easy when the fabrics/patterns are so delightful.

barb's creations said...

Love everything you've been making, it certainly inspires e to get into my fabric and create something :) Barb.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

thanks for lots of lovely Tilda Eye Candy. love your dolls.
I am yet to make one.

Josie said...

Have you considered changing your name to Tilda? Or maybe having a little girl so you could name her after your stitching heroine? Just kidding.... it's hard not to be in love with everything Tilda . Her latest book is fab-u-lous. Love all your projects and your ability to get things done! Keep it up. Have a wonderful productive 2015... be happy...xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are amazing ..:.

Susan said...

I have had a long distance love affair with Tilda for a time too, but I am not sure whether I have ever made anything from my books! Your dolls are lovely though! Time to look through the books again!

Christine B said...

Hi Leanne! What beautiful Tilda projects!! Love them all.... I have never made any Tilda dolls but I love seeing the ones other people have made... you know I love her fabrics too!! :) xx

sunny said...

Such beautiful fabrics. I love the cup hanging! And don't forget that you've made a Tilda doll for at least one friend!!

Jan said...

Such lovely projects, Leanne - and you pick the prettiest fabrics. Wishing you all the best for a great year of fun and fabulous fabrics!

Stephany said...

So many Tilda-things in one blogpost
Leanne, I love it!
I just bought her latest book.

Greetings from a belgian Tilda fan!!!
Steph

Anthea said...

Hi Leanne! Happy New Year! it was great that you got some lovely sewing done in your time off work - all that Tilda has reminded me that I have something new to share with you in a month or two - have a wonderful year ahead & I look forward to keeping in touch with you... xx

Unknown said...

Hi I love your Tilda makes. Which Patchwork and stitching magazine is the tablerunner in? I would love to make it. Thanks Bev

Cathy said...

Wow a great post and you have made a lot of Tilda things! You Cute cups are very pretty!!! 💗💜

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...