Saturday, December 19, 2009

Table runners and painting

Its been another busy day, I have been sewing up a storm and doing a bit of painting. I have repainted my old writing desk, I chose black as i want the primitive look, then when the paint was dry I sanded back the edges to give it a worn look, what do you think? I just need a few primitive pictures for the wall and I think that space will look great,
I also made these table runners a couple of weeks ago and took them to work to quilt, I made the big one first and I didn't want to throw away the scraps as the fabric is my favourite ( Its Vine creek from Kansas troubles) so I made a smaller one. They look really lovely on my side board and kitchen table. I'll be back tomorrow to show you a few more of my advent calendar gifts, they are lovely.
Happy sewing.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leanne those runners are great , lovely colours !

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...