Sunday, August 29, 2010

Its almost Spring

Yesterday as I was hanging out my washing I looked at the mountains that we can see from our back garden and to my surprise it was covered in snow, It was so pretty, my photo really doesn't do it justice. The wind was icy but it was a nice day. My bulbs are doing well, only some have flowered so far, we have jonquils every where in the yard.

Hyacinths look so pretty.


And the daffodils just make you smile.



Yesterday and today I spent my time putting my basket quilt together, its nearly there, only 6 baskets to go. I hope you found some sewing time today.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful daffodils and your basket-quilt is so nice. I love your colors. The deep red at the corner´s is lovely!
It is funny to think that you have spring in there and we here in Finland are starting to get ready for long and cold winter. We enjoyed this year that we had hot and sunny summer and now it is only +10 degree so it is cold I think.
Happy quilting and greeting from Finland!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

pleased it's you and not me who can see the snow.......gorgeous day here today........

Roseanne said...

That snow make me fill like making another quilt. I love your basket quilt.

Ruth said...

You are so lucky to have a beautiful view like that!! The basket quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Wonky Girl said...

Such a surprise to see mention of spring coming on! I had to check the post date to see if it was old. We have many weeks of very warm weather left here in SE Arizona.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...