Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday sewing

I have had a great day with my sewing machine, we got lots done. I made and sewed the binding on 2 quilts, I'll share them later when I have the binding sewn down. I also made 2 more blocks for my Swoon quilt, these blocks are such fun to make. I love the blue with the red, they really compliment each other.

I have made 5 now, only 4 to go.



I also sewed the borders on my christmas stitchery quilt, there are 9 blocks altogther and I want to try and have it finished for this christmas, block one is nearly finished. Its a Rosalie Quinlan design.





While I was in a binding kind of mood I sewed it on my new sewing folder which I made a couple of weeks ago, they are easy and very useful, I think I'll have to make a few more.


Now its time to cook dinner so I'll say goodbye, I hope you found some time to sew today.







14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I Love your Block Leanne it is Stunning...this will be a Beautiful Quilt...well done on such a productive day!
cheers

De said...

A very productive day for you!

Susan said...

Your blocks are coming along ver nicely. I got your letter yesterday thank you. Will pop one in the post this week xx

Chookyblue...... said...

love the blocks Leanne..........you have been busy........

Roseanne said...

You have been busy Leanne I love your blocks.

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Leanne... I just love what you are doing with the blocks.. They are beautiful... Your stitchery is sweet and can't wait to see the rest of them... I love the project bag you made ... it looks so easy to do... Keep up the great work... Hugs :)

Lynda said...

I love your Swoon blocks - the colours are beautiful. Sounds like a great weekend.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful blocks. It will be lovely finished.

Jan Gartlan said...

You had such a productive day of sewing! Love your quilt blocks especially.

LuAnn said...

Those blocks are just beautiful. Wow! I like the Romantic Homes magazine, too. I buy it sometimes just because there are such pretty pictures of rooms.

WATTLE GIRL said...

Leanne I dont knwo how to get in touch with you so here goes. Look at the quilting on this dear Jane , its amaZing Jenni
http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/2011/03/dear-jane.html

Kathy said...

Busy Bee! A day sewing, satisfaction in finishing projects and seeing others move along- what nicer way to spend the weekend:)

Thimbelina said...

The red and aqua are gorgeous together Leanne... can't wait to see the rest of the blocks now!
Oh...my swap parcel arrived today too! Looking forward to opening it tomorrow night :)

Sherri said...

I really love these Swoon blocks in Flower Sugar. Now I might have to make this quilt again!

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...