Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gift giving and stitching

I got on blogger this morning to find its all changed. Why do they do that. I was happy with the old layout so I have been sitting here with my 12 year son while he talks me through all the new changes and shows me what to do, Kids are so smart.. He has helped me do this post so I hope you can understand it.
I have finished another block of my Sunshine frolics quilt, this is such a fun project, I'm nearly ready to start putting it together.

These photos aren't in order for some reason but I wanted to share with you  gifts I made for my on line stitching group birthday swap. I have started adding little labels I made to my projects. Just a little reminder who they got their gift from.

The theme was "GROW   COOK    EAT" so I made a recipe journal cover and a table mat, they were fun to make and I loved using the retro fabric.

I'm glad you liked them Sue.
Today I plan to do some sewing on a new project I  have been working on using Vintage modern fabric. I love this range just as much as Ruby and Bliss.
I hope you find some sewing time today. 

12 comments:

Vicki said...

It looks fine, Leanne. Love the recipe journal!

Anonymous said...

lovely lot of gifts there Leanne,well done.xx

Christine said...

I'm not happy with the new blogger either ... what's happened to the dashboard?
Love your Sunshine block .. so pretty with all those Figtree fabrics.
Swap gifts look great too .. I must start thinking about what to make for my person. Bye.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I had to have a little giggle as I to have sat her this morning with my 12 y.o. son trying to get google chrome loaded and to work my way around the new look blogger..... I don't like change which also explains why I had to upgrade the google chrome!

Lovely block xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your block is just so lovely and the gifts that you had made for Sue are fantastic...

Quilt Kitty said...

I can't see any changes to my blogger so maybe the surprise is yet to come. What will I do, I'll have to go hire a 12 year old! Love the cooking journal & the retro fabrics. Can't wait to see what you are doing with Vintage Modern. Sunshine Frolics looks so pretty. Tracee xx

Wendy said...

Your projects are so beautiful, love the chickens. The gift sewing is gorgeous too.

Roseanne said...

You can go back to the old blogger I have.

Simone Harding said...

Your sun is a great teacher your post looks great!
Love the gifts you have made, the colours are very retro

DAWNIE said...

These look great - nice fabric

Pauline said...

Hi leanne, my view? they shouldn't change what ain't broke!! love the journal cover...very cool...

Anonymous said...

Great sewing and lovely gifts :)

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...