Sunday, July 22, 2012

A new project

 The best part about working in a quilt shop besides from playing with  all the new fabrics that come in, is getting to do shop samples. I am lucky enough to be doing this project called Sweet heart houses by Shabby fabrics.
 Its a great project, there are 9 blocks in total and I'm almost finished my 3rd block We will run this programme as a block of the month and to learn more you can head to the shop web site.
 I loved doing this house block with its very cute roof.
 The fabrics are so pretty. I think the range is called Penelope.
 Even more exciting for me is my new sewing room, this week the builder put the weather boards on so now it looks part of the house.
 My husband is going to paint the boards tomorrow the same colour as the rest of the house. Next is the plaster which is being started on Wednesday, it won't be long now and I'll be in there. whoo hoo!!! Can you tell I'm excited. I have been standing in there working out where things will go.  I'm sure my boys think I'm a bit mad.
 Some of my bulbs have started to flower, Spring is not too far away. The hyacinths are beautiful and smell delicious.
It looks like rain today so I reckon I'll stay in and do some sewing. I've gone back to my Gardeners Journal quilt so I want to work on that today. I hope you have a great day.

13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous blocks....and how good is your room going to be, lucy you...

Sarah said...

Pretty BOM Leanne!
Your new room is looking GREAT!! Not long now.... get the champers out ready lol

Cathy said...

House blocks are so sweet, love the third one...You room looks so cool...cant wait to see it!! xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

The house look so cute

Anonymous said...

awesome blocks Leanne,so close you will be in there before you know it,lovely flowers,pretty colours.xx

Anthea said...

The BOM quilt is gorgeous Leanne, and you get all the pleasure of making it, with none of the cost, LOL! (And many a customer admiring it I'm sure!) Wow, the room is progressing so well, I am excited for you...

Grit said...

Das sieht schon sehr schön aus. Bin auf die restlichen 6 Blöcke gespannt.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Wendy said...

Your new blocks are so beautiful, very pretty fabrics. How exciting that your room is getting closer to being finished!

Roseanne said...

Your sewing room is coming a long lovely. Your new BOM look great. How nice are your bulbs.

Deborah said...

How did I miss this post? Your room looks fantastic! How exciting! Love the colors in your blocks!

Darlene said...

Leanne!!! I'm going to do this BOM, as well. I've been anxiously waiting for my first block to arrive from Shabby Fabrics. It was shipped late last week so it should be here any day now.

I'm so excited that your room is so close to being finished. woohoo!!!

Susie said...

oh dear me.....did you have to do this post? I was eyeing off this pattern AND the gorgeous Penelope fabrics on their website....oh no.....what am I to do? I don't think I will be able to say no?

Anonymous said...

This looks so pretty Leanne

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...