Sunday, September 9, 2012

Its all about Tilda

 I have had a lovely time in my sewing room this week making some things with my much loved tilda fabrics. The first cut was hard but once I got going and I knew what I wanted to make it was good fun.


 I have always wanted a little stitching folder to hold my stitchery projects while I work on them.
 So I came up with this, it was so much fun to make, the buttons and the braid make the front I think.
 The birdie tilda fabric is my favourite so I had to put that through the middle.It ties together with some ribbon.
 When you open it up it has 2 pockets to hold projects and threads.
 Now I can take my projects with me wherever I go.
I have some new ideas on what I want to make next, now I'm on a roll I plan to use a bit more of the tilda fabric I have stored in the cupboard. First I need to tidy my sewing room, do you know how happy that makes me, I'm sure you think I'm mad but just the fact I have a sewing room to clean makes my day . I would be reading other blogs and they would say how messy their sewing rooms were and I would think how lucky they were to have one. Now I can join the messy sewing room club.
Have a wonderful day.

20 comments:

Noela said...

Love your folder. The fabrics are just beautiful. Will have to get some Tilda fabrics. I also made a folder for my stitcheries this year from a Leanne Beasley pattern. It is great. Don't know why I took so long to make one. Hugs...

Fee said...

You've done an awesome job Leanne. Well done. Hugs, fee x

De said...

Gorgeous folder Leanne. I love having a sewing room to make a mess in and clean up too......although it seems to be more messy than clean!

Cheryll said...

Oh Leanne... that caddy is wonderful and soooo very pretty! Well done! :)

Christine M said...

Your stitching folder is lovely Leanne. Aren't those fabrics just gorgeous!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

It looks beautiful in the Tilda fabrics. How very brave of you to cut into them :o) hugs

Anonymous said...

wow Leanne it looks fantastic,well done.xx

Cath said...

I love how soft and beautiful your work is. Your blog page always makes me swoon! Great idea making the project folder.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Deb R said...

Such lovely fabrics and a great idea for your stitching!

Sarah said...

Looks great Leanne, you clever gal! You know how messy my sewing room can get roflao!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Oh it is so pretty Leanne!!! I know it really hurts to cut Tilda fabrics, but when you end up with a gorgeous folder like you have made, it is definately worth it! You must be so pleased with it!!!

Lisa

Unknown said...

How Clever are You...Beautiful Folder and those fabrics are Sooo Pretty.
Well done.
Cheers

Wendy said...

Beautiful project folder and gorgeous fabrics. You are very clever!

Nancy Lee said...

Sigh. Tilda just makes the world a better place, doesn't she? I just joined your page. What beautiful work you do! Congratulations on your new sewing space. It is wonderful!

Oddbjørg said...

Great folder!

Lynda said...

The folder is SO pretty Leanne - love the bird fabric too.

Stephany said...

Leanne, this stitching folder is gorgeous! The Tilda fabrics are going very well together.
Steph

Quilt Kitty said...

Just when I thought you couldn't make anything more beautiful than all the projects you have posted about before, you do. That bird fabric is just so special. What a pretty folder, one you should be very proud to carry around. You clever thing! Welcome to the messy sewing room club - you have good reason for it! Tracee xx

Susie said...

Your project folder is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty fabrics for beautiful projects

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...