Sunday, April 7, 2013

A wedding, Family and sewing

 I have just returned from a few days in Melbourne to attend  the wedding of my cousin Vanece and her lovely new husband Michael, It was a beautiful day and all the wedding party looked stunning, especially the bride.
 As well as a wedding it was a family reunion for me, my brother and sister and my parents. We haven't seen each other for 3 years. We had such a good time together. My brother is so funny, he had us in fits of laughter the whole time.
 We don't have many photos of us together so this one is special.  We all made a pact to try and see each other more often, its hard when we all live in different states but we are only a plane ride away. My sister hasn't seen my children for 11 years.  Time certainly flies by. Since spending time together and now I'm home I have realised that I miss them alot.
 Just before I left last week I received my swap gifts from my Friends in stitching swap, We had  to make something designed by Nat Bird. I got this beautiful table runner , it has lots of paper piecing stars and stitchery.
 Beautiful colours.
 I was a bit lucky and received this lovely christmas wall hanging as well.
And a beautiful little purse filled with Tilda ribbon and fabric and some easter eggs.

Thank you so much Lorraine, my gifts are amazing.

12 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely wedding and family snaps. Great gifts received.How lucky are you.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely wedding and family snaps.Great gifts received. How lucky are you.

Christine M said...

Lovely photos from the wedding. Both swap gifts to and from are lovely Leanne.

Fiona said...

How lovely to all be together at the wedding.... it's great to catch up with family... lovely lovely gifts you got too....
Hugz

Helen said...

Great to have a family get together and a wedding to. Terrific swap pressies, you are a lucky girl.

Helen

Christina Broad said...

So pleased you had a good time with your family Leanne.. Great photo's and lots of good memories.. Nice gifts too.. :)

Unknown said...

A great time to catch up with family, such a special day :)) Lovely pics..
Beautiful gifts also...:))
hugs pat ..

Anthea said...

Leanne, the wedding pics are lovely, and yes of course the Newly-weds look pleased for themselves...
Wow they are amazing gifts from Lorraine... the runner looks so different in the brighter fabrics, from the design pic...
Hope your cold has gone now! x

a good yarn said...

Best wishes to your cousin and her husband for a long and happy marriage.

Lillian said...

Nice family photos Leanne. Glad you had a great time.

Lorraine said...

Glad you like the gifts Leanne....I enjoyed making them! Great family /wedding pics.

Annette said...

Hope your family do get together more often.....life is so short! & fares so cheap now between Melb & Tassie. Nice photos for memories. Annette

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...