Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'm back...

The last few weeks my family and I have been on holiday in the amazing USA. We went to Los Angeles and Hawaii. It was absolutely the best thing we have ever done and we can't wait to go back again.  We had such a good time.

 Of course we went to Disneyland and that was so good, It was better than we ever imagined, We spent 3 days there.
 We had a day at Universal studios and that was great, the rides are out of this world.

 We met some fun people in Hollywood.
 I did do a little bit of stitching while we were away, mainly on the plane and sitting by the pool, it was so relaxing. I could definately get used to that life style.
 I did quite a lot of shopping, I bought  this cute little Halloween dish and some fabric to play with.
And I found a lovely quilt shop in Orange County, I bought these American fat quarters to make a quilt to remember my holiday.

I have lots more to share with you so I'll be back tomorrow with a few more pics.
Its been hard to get back to our normal routine but now I have caught up on my sleep I'm sure I can find some time to play in my sewing room.

Have a great day.

21 comments:

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I made a quilt with fabrics I bought when we went to the US in 2005. We were in Minnesota in the Fall, so I bought autumn fabrics and called the quilt "Minnesota Memories". It is such a lovely souvenir.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

What a great holiday. glad you enjoyed it.

sunny said...

I so glad you enjoyed your trip! I love the idea of making a quilt of your memories. Did you find any Mickey Mouse fabric?/

Deb R said...

Sounds like you all had a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

wow now thats a holiday,lovely pics Leanne and welcome back home.xx

Noela said...

What a lovely holiday. Such a lot of different things to see in the USA. We hope to go again next year. Hugs.....

barb's creations said...

Sounds like you had a great time on your holiday, will be sending your birthday gift off to you on Monday now that I know you're home :) Barb.

Cheryll said...

Holiday are great... and yours sounds wonderful! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Welcome home...so pleased you had a great time...

Melanie said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time xxx

Susan said...

Your Holiday sounds fab Leanne x

Wendy said...

Welcome home, so nice to have you back! Looks and sounds like your holiday was fantastic.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you had a great time.........

Fiona said...

fantastic... so many memories will have been made...
Hugz

Stephany said...

What a wonderful trip you had, quality time together with your family. It's also my dream to go to America once. We went to Disneyland in Paris (only 4 hours driving from here), but I think there it is so much bigger!
Enjoy making your memory-quilt.

Anonymous said...

Great photos of a great holiday Leanne

Mari said...

So good to see you have enjoyd your holiday so much. You can make Hawaian inspired quilt. Can not to wait what you'll find out now :)

Lorraine said...

looks like you had a great time. I loved my visit to the US and am definitely planning another trip.

WATTLE GIRL said...

Hi I am so glad you are back. I am sad we never caught up before you went. But it sounds like you had so much fun XXXXX

Sarah said...

Great pics Leanne! Sounds like you all had a blast

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...