Sunday, September 13, 2015

Special People

 Good Morning on this absolutely beautiful Spring morning, its supposed to be 20 degrees in Tassie today,  Lets hope it gets there. I am longing for some warm weather. Its been quite a week for me, the postman has delivered me lots of wonderful packages from near and afar. Through my blog I have met the most amazing people, And I'm happy to say we have become very good friends. Last year I became friends with Janita. She is the loveliest lady, we decided to do a little swap with each other.
 Janita knows how much I love my Americana so she surprised me with the most beautiful gifts, the flag quilt  is so special, as its a military flag and as my son has just joined the Military it has a very special meaning. Even he was touched at just how thoughtful this gift is.
 I love my new pincushion, the colours are perfect and I adore that little flag square in the middle.  Thankyou my dear friend for your thoughtfulness, your gifts are beautiful and I will treasure them always.
 Another special friend is Christine, I received these beautiful gifts made especially for me from Tilda fabric. Christine and I both love Tilda fabric so when we  make gifts for each other  I think we both have the same idea. Can't go wrong with this fabric is so beautiful.
 Thankyou Christine, You are such a lovely friend.
 Another lovely friend sent me this cute mug, now Kim and I have been friends  since my cross stitch days, way back about 13 years ago. We met on line and Kim lives in England, she has watched my boys grow from toddlers to teengers. We email each other almost every day, just to say hi and see how each of us is going. Its a very special friendship and even though we have never met in person I feel like I have known her all my life.
 Yesterday morning I was up early getting the last border  on my fig tree quilt, Oh I love how this turned out. Made entirely from my  scrap box except the border.

 Its at the quilters already as I can't wait to get this one finished and use it for Spring.
Now I have started a new project, I love it already. I'll be back next week with hopefully lots of progress.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are today. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful gifts in your mailbox this week. Gorgeous little pincushion.....I love the little squares. The special friendships that come from craft and blogging are amazing.

the girlfriend gap said...

Thank you Leanne for such kind words about me : ). Lovely to see everything again. I forgot to take a pic of the flag before I sent it. I put the finishing touches on my little pincushion today. :) just like yours. It will always be a special reminder of our friendship. Love your fig tree quilt and the basket block. Today my sewing consisted of replacing the zipper on little Miss Addilyn's back pack...GRRR. A beastly project but I got it done! I have seen the new Tilda fabric .... reds and blues YUM YUM... Can't remember the name though. Wish we had some here in the states. Janita

Kylie said...

Beautiful Gifts Leanne - you have been very spoilt!

Anthea said...

They're all gorgeous gifts Leanne... love the Fig Tree quilt, what a great way to use the small pieces that remain from other projects!

Melody said...

Brilliant presents. I agree you meet the nicest people in blogworld.

Cath said...

Such beautiful presents for you Leanne. I just love how the American flag and colours are so cohesive with quilting...and at last I know someone close who lives in the USA so I should be able to make one up at some stage. Actually everything is beautiful on your blog post. We just checked and it is 26° here down south of you. It is a gorgeous, gorgeous day!

a good yarn said...

What lovely, thoughtful gifts from your bloggy friends. There are some really nice people out there. Your Figtree Quilt is just so beautiful and I look forward to seeing it quilted. Baskets?! You know they are a favourite of mine. We had 27 degC yesterday and 30 degC is predicted for tomorrow. Yikes! Too hot too soon.

dream quilt create said...

What beautiful gifts, the quilt and the pincushion is darling! I love your quilt too, it's amazingly beautiful!

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! You have had so many beautiful gifts! You are a lucky girl! I hope you enjoyed your day and I am so pleased you liked the bits and pieces I sent! Sorry to be late commenting but I was away at the weekend! Catch up soon! Christine x

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...