Sunday, April 17, 2016

New Fabrics & A new project

 I've been looking foreward to sharing my new fabric purchases with you, I bought these on our holiday and so of course they are just that little bit extra special.
 I'm sure you can see a bit of a red, white & blue theme happening here. Isn't this red flag fabric awesome.
 I also love fabric with writing on it,

 The reason for all this fabric loveliness is for my new English paper piecing project called Smitten. Its only a small quilt, about lap size and you make all these shapes which then turn into bigger hexagons.

 They are so much fun to make. I did these ones on the plane trip going over, it filled in some of the 14 hours of just sitting there. I did watch a few good movies to,
 This is the back, all those papers tucked inside.
So far this is my favourite block, the flag is fussy cut from the red fabric pictured here. Its the perfect size. The only problem I find with fussy cutting is you tend to waste a bit of  fabric.
I am enjoying working on this project alot. Its very portable and easy to pick up when you have a  spare moment or two.

I'm heading off to a sewing day at my friends house, I have made savoury scones for lunch and they look delicious. Have a wonderful day.

Thankyou for stopping by.

8 comments:

Cath said...

Hello lovely! what amazing fabrics....there is something about the American Flag that just lends itself to adding charm to quilts....the Union Jack has that same quality. Was so nice to visit your blog today.

Susan said...

There is something about red, blue and white, isn't there!? Combine it with stars and hexagons and you really can't go wrong!? This is going to be a really lovely lap quilt Leanne! Happy sewing!

the girlfriend gap said...

You did good finding some pretty fabric! I see one Sweetwater? and maybe a Minnick and Simpson. The rest I have not seen before. Your paper piecing is coming along nicely. It is going to be very pretty. Janita

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! Loved seeing your beautiful fabric purchases.... they are all lovely! I like the EPP blocks you are making they already look fabulous and I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them all! Enjoy your lunch and sewing with your friend! Christine x

Susan said...

Love the red, white and blue, and the EPP. You can use the leftovers from fussy cutting for 1/4" hexies!

Susie said...

Loving the colours you've used. I'm doing this quilt too. I just love it.

Anthea said...

This is the perfect design to show off your USA fabrics Leanne! So true, fussy-cutting does indeed waste fabric, that's why I don't like to do it much... but sometimes you just gotta!!

a good yarn said...

That's fantastic Leanne - what super fabrics! Of course, you'll finish your lap quilt long before I finish mine.

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...