Sunday, June 12, 2016

Peg Bag swap & Log cabins

 Good Morning to you all on this wonderful long weekend, I love having an extra day off at home to potter around and do some sewing. After all the dreadful floods my town had this week its been good to see a sunny day. This morning is cold though, I think it was 0 when I got up and a really thick frost.

What do you think of my peg bag? Isn't it adorable, I received it in my online stitching group, every few months we do a swap and the theme for this one was to make a peg bag.
 Thankyou Teresa, I do love it alot. And its already been put to use.
 This is the peg basket I made, it has velcro handles so you can hang it on the clothes line. I enjoyed making it. My partner likes lavender and mauves and as its not a colour I sew with much. It was fun to do something a bit different.

 Now these fabrics are my absolute favourite. Good old Kansas troubles. these fabrics scream Autumn/winter. When I first started quilting about 8 years ago these were my first fabrics I bought. Since then I have collected alot of Kansas troubles fabrics and made about 8 quilts. Now I'm using up most of smaller pieces and making some log cabin blocks.
 I'm not too sure of my layout just yet as I'm making it up as I go but I really like this set of 4 blocks randomly placed together for a photo.  I'll just keep making blocks until I have enough to make a decent size quilt or I run out fabrics.


I hope you enjoy your long weekend and you find some sewing time.

Thankyou for visiting my blog. xx

9 comments:

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Your log cabins look lovely. I can't wait to see the secondary pattern when you place more around the outside.

the girlfriend gap said...

Once again sweet treasures in your mail box. i've been dreaming of log cabin quilts. I saw a pattern on the Tilda blog I wanted to try. I haven't ever really made a whole quilt of log cabin blocks. Love the stars you have added. I have seen a similar pattern in MaCalls quilt magazine. I'll have to see if I can find it. How big are the star blocks?
Too much work and lots of time with the grandkids.... hardly any sewing here . BOO. Janita

sunny said...

I love your log cabin layout! I recently finished a project using KT fabrics, and have some generous scraps left over. Perhaps log cabins are the answer? Cute peg bags.

Christine B said...

Hello Leanne! Glad you are warm and safe and I hope the sun continues to shine there! Love your new peg bag.... what a nice swap gift! Your new log cabin quilt is beautiful.... looking forward to seeing more of them! Enjoy your sewing time and I'll catch up with you later in the week! Christine x

Helen said...

Great Peg bags..... it was a fun swap. Love the fabrics you are using for your log cabin quilt, very warm colours for winter.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely log cabins .

Raewyn said...

Sounds like good winter sewing weather :-) Both the peg bags are gorgeous and a fun idea for a swap! LOVE the KT logcabins!!!!

Ruth said...

Yes, I love your peg bag! The fabric is so cute! Actually I want to make one because I got a lot at a garage sale for a darling one that looks like a dress. Even though I don't have a clothesline - I want one to hang in my sewing room. I used to love hanging clothes outside in the summers to help my Mom with the laundry. Your idea of Velcro straps is a good one too. I love your log cabin blocks with the star too.

retdairyqueen said...

Havent visited in a while but I did enjoy my look around
Some lovely eye candy
Handsome boys too

The big 5 0

 Well its been a very fun week for me. Last Saturday I turned 50. It was a fun day of celebrations followed by a wonderful dinner with 30 ...